Happy 4th of July!!!!!

It has been a while since my last post! We have been very busy. Since last Sunday we have had some friends staying with us. They are moving back down into the Springs from Monument and needed to crash somewhere while work was being done on their new house. We are thrilled because their new home is only 1 1/2 miles down the hill from our house. The kids have been having a blast from morning until night!

On Tuesday, I had Lasik surgery on my eyes. I was laid up for one day and have been feeling and seeing great since! I originally had my first Lasik in college because my eyesight was really horrible, so bad that I was legally blind in one eye. I do not miss those contacts and glasses one bit, so when the doctor told me that I needed them to drive, I decided to forgo the glasses and get enhanced, by the laser, of course!

Friday the 4th, we spent most of the day at the pool. The weather was beautiful, a perfect Colorado day. We sat next to the sand box and playground mainly because there was no other place to squeeze in. The kids had fun in between swimming and eating to play and get super sandy! After the pool we cleaned ourselves up and went out for a yummy dinner. After dinner we headed back to our house for bocce ball fun. We were planning on watching the fireworks at the Air Force Academy but decided to wait and see what we could see from the yard. Our house is up on a ridge so we can see pretty far. Thankfully, after lots of crossed fingers and toes, we were able to see the downtown fireworks from our neighbors driveway. They were pretty spectacular and we definitely know where we will be next year for the holiday!! After the pool and fireworks, all the kids fell into bed. The adults enjoyed the rest of the evening with cocktails and more bocce ball.

Victoria, Brendan and Scott hanging out on the deck waiting for those fireworks.

Ahhh, Saturday. Scott and I got up bright and early to hit Barr Trail. My big race (Barr Trail Mountain Race- 12 miles) is next weekend and I wanted to make sure that I could easily beat the 3 1/2 hour cutoff. I started off really slow, thanks to the cocktails and the heat (not a good combo) but sped up as we got closer to Barr Camp. I am pretty sure that I can make it but I am also pretty sure it isn’t going to feel good:) After 4 Advil and a shower, I was feeling much better. In the afternoon, we drove to a friends cabin on the backside of Pike’s Peak. We relaxed and had a great dinner. The kids spent the entire time jumping from rock to rock and exploring around the cabin.
Headed to Barr Camp.
I love this sign….almost there….
Ellie and Sam wrapped up in the hammock, relaxing at the cabin

We hope that you had a fantastic holiday weekend!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s